Accelerate – Cash Day
Date: Wednesday, August 30, 2017
Time: 8:00 AM to 8:30 AM Continental Breakfast
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Program
Venue: The Knight Center, Room 211
One Brookings Drive
St. Louis, MO 63130
Directions: The Knight Center is located off of Forest Park Parkway, just east of Big Bend Boulevard. If traveling east on Forest Park Parkway, turn right at the stoplight onto Throop Drive. The parking garage is located off of Throop Drive on your left.
NOTE: A parking pass will be emailed in advance to those who RSVP.
Pre-work: There is currently no pre-work assigned for Cash Day. We will keep you updated with any changes.
Entrepreneurs sometimes fall into the trap of thinking that things like “values” and “culture” are issues they’ll get to once they can stop worrying about how to keep the lights on. But if values are not clearly articulated and firmly defended from a venture’s earliest days, founders have little chance of creating companies that embody their deeply-held values. Moreover, those deeply ingrained values can be the critical differentiating ingredient in a new venture’s success formula. In this seminar, we consider the role and importance of values in entrepreneurship, and explore the chronic challenge of standing firm on values when faced with intense growth pressures.
Panel Discussion moderated by Cliff Holekamp, Academic Director for Entrepreneurship and former EO member.
- Joe Edwards – Owner-Developer, Blueberry Hill
- Value – Nostalgia, History.
- Jennifer Labit – Founder & CEO, Cotton Babies
- Value – Sustainability, Motherhood
- Brian Matthews – Co-Founder & General Partner, Cultivation Capital
- Aaron Perlut – Partner, Elasticity
- Value – Civic Pride
- Andrea (Andi) Simon Ph.D. – Principal & Founder, Simon Associates Management Consultants
- Studies entrepreneurs and the types of cultures they create, how they lead and what they value that turn into successful enterprises.
Agenda: Forum Format
4:00pm – “The Value of Values for Founders and Entrepreneurs” Stuart Bunderson, Bauer Professor of Organization Ethics and Governance
4:30pm – Panel Discussion moderated by Cliff Holekamp
5:15pm – Lite Reception
Join us In the Boardroom with Bob Chapman, CEO of Barry-Wehmiller. Bob will discuss the past, present and future of Barry-Wehmiller. Following his talk we will do a short Q&A with him.
Meet Verne Harnish, Founder of Entrepreneurs’ Organization and author of the Mastering the Rockerfeller Habits and Scaling Up. Verne is a dynamic speaker on what it to take to grow an entrepreneurial company: setting meeting rhythms, strategic planning. Verne also is the founder of Gazelle’s Inc, a company that helps fast growing companies scale effectively. Verne will speak for a short time followed by a question and answer sessions, drinks, and appetizers.
Empower your team to Accelerate Business Growth. Pulled right from Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make and Why the Rest Don’t by Verne Harnish, our Strategic Partner Michael Synk will lead you through the implementation of the key concepts and smart tools of Scaling Up
Morning Session: 8:30-11:30
- Introduction to Scaling Up and the One Page Strategic Plan™
- For Entrepreneurs and their teams seeking to implement the One Page Strategic Plan™ as a means to unleash the growth they seek from their companies.
- Concepts covered:
- Core Values
- Core Purpose
- Core Customers
- Brand Promise and
- Meeting Rhythm
Afternoon Session: 1:00 to 4:00
- Scaling Up Master Class
- For Entrepreneurs and their teams already Using the One Page Strategic Plan™ or the EOS Process™, this session will take their organizations to the next level of growth and excellence
- Concepts covered
- Seven Strata of Strategy
- Process Accountability Chart
- Function Accountability Chart
- The Power of One Cash Flow Improvement Plan
Michael Synk, besides being our Strategic Partner, is the Gazelles International Certified Coach for the St. Louis Market and one of the longest tenured coach with Gazelles. He is the author of two books, How to Create Customers as Loyal as Norm Peterson, and Rock & Sand: A Practical Insight to Business Growth. Attendees of either session will receive copies of his book as well as a copy of Scaling Up by Verne Harnish.